As we age, fat, skin thickness, muscle, bones, and connective tissue lose volume, leaving skin that is less full and more likely to sag or wrinkle. The effect is similar to letting air out of a beach ball or tire. Dermal fillers are injectable, gel-like substances that we use to correct skin recessions and offer enhancements and improvements, including:
- restoring volume and smoothness to the face
- improving the appearance of acne or other types of scarring
- plumping lips
- filling in smile lines and chin wrinkles
- contouring the face to give a more youthful and symmetrical appearance
- restoring fullness to the backs of hands
The results with dermal fillers are immediate, and they don’t require as much recovery time as a surgical procedure.
Dr. Gregory Alouf and the staff at Alouf Aesthetics have extensive experience with dermal fillers, and we proudly offer several kinds, all of which are safe and approved by the FDA. During your initial consultation with Dr. Alouf, he will recommend the best product for getting the results you desire.
We offer three popular dermal fillers:
- Bellafill®: Bellafill uses a solution of 80 percent collagen gel and 20 percent PMMA microsphere. The collagen offers immediate results, and the PMMA microspheres provide a base that supports your own natural collagen production over time. Bellafill® Cosmetic, most commonly used to provide a solution for smile line, offers results that last for up to five years. The results of Bellafill® Acne Scar last up to one year. All products contain a minor numbing agent called lidocaine to make your treatment more comfortable. No downtime is required after treatment.
- Restylane® Lyft: Restylane Lyft® is the only FDA-approved hyaluronic acid (HA) filler for treatment of the face and hands. HA occurs naturally in the body and can restore youthful fullness to your cheeks and the backs of your hands. We most often use Restylane Lyft® to smooth facial lines, folds and the “marionette” wrinkles on the sides of the nose and mouth. You can typically expect results to last six to 18 months. No downtime is required after treatment, so you can begin enjoying the results right away.
- Radiesse®: Radiesse® is a solution of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended in an aqueous gel carrier. The microspheres give you immediate results and stimulate your body’s own natural collagen production. The gel is completely dissolvable and leaves behind only the natural collagen it helps your body produce. Radiesse® is approved for use in the face and hands, providing the youthful appearance and fullness lost with aging and other skin damage, all with no downtime and immediate results that last an average of nine to 15 months.
Candidates for dermal fillers should be in good physical health and have reasonable expectations of the outcome of cosmetic procedures. For results to last as long as possible, you shouldn’t smoke and should make a commitment to an appropriate skin-care regimen and healthy diet after treatment.
If you are considering dermal fillers or any other appearance-enhancing procedure, the first step is an open and honest conversation with Dr. Alouf about your desired results. Contact Alouf Aesthetics at 540-375-9070 to schedule a consultation.